Over the last months, I written posts about other things that aren’t related to Ubuntu but still related to Open * (Open Science mainly). Over the weekend, I decided to get a new domain with Gandi.net and I working with Jason O, a friend of Phill Whiteside, on setting up a self-hosted WordPress for the new domain. I’m doing this for a few reasons:
- I want to use my Ubuntu Membership perks to their fullest potential and get a discount
- I want to rename the blog to something that encompasses a larger scope that I am focusing on
- I want to play around with plug ins and other features of the self-hosted WordPress
- I want to have a personal website that can be also professional
- And the only “I don’t”, is I don’t want to pay that extra $15 to map the domain to my WordPress blog
I said that I have the domain but I didn’t say what the name is- that’s a secret (only between me and Jason) until the new site is up and running!